Here's a quick summary of the important points to remember about what is happening in Laguna:
- Liberate Laguna is backed by a small group of big-time local developers who have been speculating on the future of Laguna
- They spent over $152,000 on the Laguna Beach City Council election, which is 4-5 times as much as some candidates spent on the campaign
- Laguna has never before seen this type of effort to buy a campaign, and this type of a slick, negative, smear campaign
- Most importantly, they are advocating the removal of commercial height, mass, and compatibility restrictions, and to "Fast-Track" commercial development which will forever change the face of Laguna
- This will end up changing not only Downtown but South Laguna and the Canyon as well. If you're spending big bucks putting the city in fast-track development mode then run with it, right? All the way down to the ocean.